Thursday, July 5, 2012

Breakfast of the Week - Frittata w/ Squash, Onion, Garlic & Goat Cheese

Frittatas are great.
I like to eat them for breakfast, but a frittata can be eaten for any meal.
The best thing about them is that you can throw just about any ingredients into them.
I try to make use of the ingredients that I have.

This week, I had a tiny, single squash (from the farmers market)
     sitting in my veggie basket,
Squash, Onion, Garlic, Goat Cheese Frittata
               just begging to be eaten.
So, I chopped it up into bite-sized pieces.
I, also, had half an onion to use.
So, I chopped that up, too.
I ALWAYS have garlic on hand,
so, I chopped up a few cloves of garlic.

I threw all of those ingredients into a pan with some olive oil,
     and sauteed them for a few minutes.
Then, I added 2 eggs (brown,organic),
beaten with just a splash of milk,
     and let the eggs settle into the pan with the veggies.
I kept the pan on top of the stove,
     until the egg could no longer be swirled around in the pan.
Then, I placed the pan in the oven
     (350 degrees for about 5 mins.),
until the egg was cooked through.

During the last minute, or so, of cooking time,
     I tossed some cheese on top.
I had some goat cheese in the fridge, so that's what I used.
I sprinkled the entire frittata with sea salt and fresh, ground pepper.    




No comments:

Post a Comment