Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"Give-Me-a-Sec" Blueberry Shortcake

I prefer cooking to baking, so when I have guests over for dinner,
     I try to find simple ingredients for a dessert that I can throw together (without baking).

Recently, I was going to serve strawberry shortcake for dessert,
     but the strawberries did not look good, so I bought blueberries, instead.  

What should I use as the "shortcake"?

One can't go wrong with Sara Lee's frozen all butter pound cake ( in my opinion ).

And, for the ice-cream, I went with Trader Joe's french vanilla.

The "twist" in the dessert, was a last minute idea (from my cooking partner)
     to add a drizzle of Triple Sec,
allowing the orange flavored liquor to soak into the buttery pound cake,
before adding the blueberries and ice-cream.

The orange and the blueberry paired quite well.

And, of course, with the butter flavored cake and french vanilla ice-cream.
 
Ingredients:

Butter Pound Cake (such as Sara Lee)
Fresh blueberries
Trader Joe's french vanilla ice cream
Triple Sec


Chef's note:
If using Sara Lee's frozen pound cake, thaw each slice of cake individually,
     as printed on directions, before adding remaining ingredients.  
Also, you could substitute your favorite liquor for the Triple Sec.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment