Friday, November 22, 2013

Merlot?

Just a regular Thursday night.

I grabbed a bottle of recently purchased red, off the wine rack -
              Stonehedge, Merlot, 2009 (Napa Valley).

I pulled the corkscrew out of the drawer, and began to uncork.

Oddly, as I was twisting the screw into the cork,
     the cork responded in the opposite way of which I was accustomed to.

It went inward, causing a tsunami 
   of wine to unleash.

There were drops of red all over the counter.
There were drops of red all over the wall.
There were drops of red 6 FEET AWAY, all over the floor.

It was in my hair, on my laptop,
     on someone's shoes that had been kicked off, and left behind (shhhhhh) . . .

Amazing how far a not so large 
                       amount of wine can go.

After I finished wiping up, still amazed at the far reaching places
     the wine had traveled . . .
                         I poured myself a glass.

The flavor seemed to be unaffected by the odd cork(age).

This will be a good wine for Thanksgiving, I thought.

Another bottle, of course,
     as you can assume this one will be gone by the weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment