Wednesday, June 13, 2012

How's it taste?

Recently, several people have asked how my "blogging" is coming along.  
You see, I have another blog titled "Becoming Me - Upside Down"
( http://blog.becoming-me.us ),
      to which I posted my first story on Wednesday, March 31, 2010
 (cheers, cheers, clapping, clapping). 
It was something I wanted to do for myself.
Blogging, after all, is a very selfish activity. 
I described this blog (and I'm sticking with it today) as
     "My "TAKE" on life - daily observations, anecdotes, laughs . . . . . . stories",
which is exactly what it is.
If you have not read it, I suggest that you do.
I am selfish, after all.

Seriously, though, I think you will enjoy it.


For awhile now, though, I have been wanting to start a NEW blog.
A blog that focuses on something  more . . . specific.
Something that people might GO TO for advice or suggestions or ideas.  
Something, quite honestly, that (for me) does not take up as much brain power or creative energy
 (that sometimes gets zapped by my day-to-day responsibilities,
          and then I have nothing left to blog about).
Something that maybe I DO every day, or THINK ABOUT every day,
      that would be like SECOND NATURE for me to write about.

Something like breathing or laughing or . . . EATING.

So, the same night an old friend told me to write about something I know (thank you, Chris),
     I posted a unique recipe for a strawberry daiquiri on Facebook.
I love to find recipes online, most using simple and basic ingredients (for the every day kitchen).
I print them out, and put them in a file until a day when I can use them.

And, I usually do.    

Anyways, one of my friends who responded on Facebook said,
     "You might have to post how it tastes."

Ah HA!  

And, that was it.

Two years, two months after my first blog, and the numbers switched around ( May 13, 2012). . .
     the birth, the beginning, the creation of my new blog, howsitaste.blogspot.com

Welcome!

 I hope it tastes as good as we were hoping.  


And, a big thank you to Melinda!


She may not know it, but she helped me come up with the name : )


No comments:

Post a Comment