Thursday, June 21, 2012

Oven Roasted Green Beans

Who KNEW you could cook your green beans in the oven?
I have roasted plenty of veggies in the oven, over the years -
     squash, zucchini, tomatoes, eggplant, corn, mushrooms, etc. . . .  . . .but, never green beans.
And, I will try anything that will make my life just a little bit easier.
I served these green beans with the grilled potato salad (previous post),
     and a smoked, beef brisket (recipe, soon to come). 

Oven Roasted Green Beans
Inspired by Food Network Magazine

Preheat oven at 450 degrees.
Put 1/4 cup water on a baking sheet.
Place approx. 1 lb. green beans on baking sheet.
Smash as many garlic cloves as you like ( I LOVE garlic) and place them on top of the beans.
Drizzle the beans and garlic with olive oil. 
Roast approx. 20 minutes, or until beans are tender and have a slightly charred look. 
Salt and pepper to taste.

---------------------------------------------------------------

How's it taste? 

     De-lish!

Would I use this recipe again? 

I have used it twice, and will use it many more times.
LOVE simple, easy recipes, where the main ingredient is the star of the show.

Enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment